quinta-feira, 26 de novembro de 2009

We Never Lose His Smile

Fill in the blank: When God thinks of me, He -
a) groans
b) fumes
c) frets
d) smiles

So often I have seen God as standing over me with a look of irritation. Or if I have seen Him as loving me, it has sometimes been more of a disappointed kind of love: "Sure I love you, but why can't you just get your act together?" And yet...

And yet...Isn't it true that God is the perfect parent with the perfect love for His kids? The best parents love their kids and think they are great! They don't focus on their kids' faults but on their kids' identity: their beloved children! Surely God is a better parent than any of us..

God smiles at us, His kids! We NEVER lose His smile! God is always smiling at us, and His voice is always full of love.

"The Lord your God is in your midst, the Lord of hosts mighty to save. He will renew you in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy!" (Zeph. 3:17)

God is happy with His kids! He's proud of them and loves to see them happy! His face lights up when we smile at His love for us! Like most good parents, He thinks His kids are perfect and beautiful, and He loves us unconditionally!

So we may be failures. We may be messed up and have tons of struggles. We may have trouble believing such a love could be true for us. But it doesn't change this fact: we are still His pride and joy!

by Sparrow Girl

2 comentários:

  1. Hey! I'm glad to see that you put new stuff in our blog. I must confess I had almost forgotten that it exists! But I have a lot of quotes and maybe I can just copy/paste some of them. I like that idea of God smiling at me, but it is really hard to believe it from my viewpoint, having in mind all the mistakes that I do... Did you read The Shack, right? At some point God tells Mack that He doesn't have expectations about us. He just want us to live in His love. On one hand it is a refreshing idea, but on other hand I find it difficult to surrender to that idea due to the things we hear at the church. Why am I writing in english? I don't know. =)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Maybe you are writing in english because you want more people to be able to understand you all around the world! Or maybe just because the post was in english and you didn't feel like changing the language. But that is really not the point.

    The point is that just like you and me, I believe there are many people out there that have a very wrong idea of God, and unfortunately, they got that wrong idea from the church.:(

    I just started to discover that God is actually good.Not always upset with me, with my mistakes or my doubts or my failures.
    I just started to realized that God is actually on my side, not against me. And that surprises me for two reasons.
    First, because He is showing Himself to me and its absolutely amazing and shocking how big His love is.
    The second reason that amazes me is that I spent 20 years going to church and I was never thought about the love of God. Not in a real way, not in a meaningfull way. It was always "Yes, Gos loves you, but yu need to do this, this and this or else you are in big trouble with Him"

    This was how I was tought. And is so sad...

    But Gos is faithfull:) And He is showing me, step by step how nice and kind and loving He is. And that is GREAT!!! :)

    ResponderEliminar